Wednesday, January 30, 2008

21 FREE Mp3s Worth Grabbing Now


Penrique - Polo

He describes his style as modern and composes using a midi keyboard and software, yet his sound has a nice layered Latin feel that percolates. Listening to Baion Media de Luna is reminisce of watching the hip swaying Brasilerias in the clubs of Sao Paulo after midnight, hypnotic !

Another track I've added to my iPod is Rencuentro. It has a haunting melody that's tender and simple but it's the percussion and keys accentuating a tight rhyhm that keeps this gem from being anything but bland.

With a nod toward the Nu Bossa sound, the track Itaparica captures the cool of Bossa yet it's steadily looking forward with an interesting musical lead voice. Is that a vocorder I hear, Penrique ? Either way, the smart intrumentation and use of counter melody play, makes this very listen-able track a standout.

I discoverred this instrumentalist last year cruising the web for free mp3s and hit a gold mine. Well, it looks like deja-vue, all over again. He's added several new tracks to Download.com, and the older ones are still available there, for a total of 21 FREE mp3s to download. Not all are brazilian-inspired but there's bound to be something for your musical taste here, techno, NuJazz, Rock, R&B, etc. Thank you, Penrique for sharing your creativity.

1 comment:

polo3 said...

Hello. Congratulations on your blog.

I am Penrique ( Polo ) and I thank you for your generous comments on my music.

I can tell you that I have many new songs since my last upload in download.com almost a year ago. They are not there for lack of space.

If you care to listen to some you only have to tell me where and how I can send them to you.

Penrique ( Polo)

PS. In case you wonder why the two names, my artistic name is Polo but it was already in use at download.com

Disclaimer

The posts on this blog are my own opinions and are based on my experience using the respective mp3 download website. 

I have no financial interest or affiliation with any website, other than as an end-user that purchases a lot of music from a variety of sources. Your experience may vary. 

Any mp3s linked to this blog are purely for trial purposes only. If you enjoy the music, please do the right thing and support the artists and purchase their music properly. Thanks !