Monday, January 21, 2008

Brazil Music Download Mission

This blog is about online shopping for music downloads, with a focus on contemporary Brazilian and Brazil-inspired music.

Using a set criteria, I will conduct several searches and offer comments and opinions, as I examine the features of different pay and free music download websites. As an avid music collector, I’m always searching for websites that have an extensive selection of Brazilian music . The site should be easy to navigate, offer good pricing and purchasing should be hassle free. A good user experience is important, that's what keeps me returning to the site. Streaming and subscription based services may be mentioned, but not extensively reviewed, at this time. I hope the information in this blog will help you determine which websites best meet your music needs.

Like most people I listen to different types of music. I'm a baby-boomer that came of age listening and dancing to the music of Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and the Supremes, essentially the whole Motown sound. My parents exposed to Jazz and the likes of Thelonious Monk, Bird, Billie, Sarah Vaughan and others. Somewhere along the line I discovered contemporary gospel, jazz fusion and world music. I'm always searching for new (and old) music to add to my iPod collection.

I fell in love with Brasil in the early 1980's when I discovered the film Black Orpheus. I found my passion in the music as I learned more about the culture. I've traveled to Brazil eleven times so far and I've lived there for the Summer of 2007. This blog gives me the opportunity to combine my interests and share it with fellow music lovers. The goal of each review is (1) to share my experience of using music download websites and (2) offer music suggestions and discuss important Brazilian contemporary music and it's availability on the respective website.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The posts on this blog are my own opinions and are based on my experience using the respective mp3 download website. 

I have no financial interest or affiliation with any website, other than as an end-user that purchases a lot of music from a variety of sources. Your experience may vary. 

Any mp3s linked to this blog are purely for trial purposes only. If you enjoy the music, please do the right thing and support the artists and purchase their music properly. Thanks !